January is in effect and our new year’s resolutions are in full swing, or are they? Winter is always a time for a reflection on what we learned in the past and how we will change in the present/future. With all the commotion that does happen at the rise of the new year, it can also be a time to feel burdened and stressed. Often the woes of the past year is carried with us into the new, and as a result our mood is shifted. We may feel less motivated, less attractive, lethargic, etc. The lack of sunlight in winter and the amount of time spent indoors is also a determining factor of our emotions and behaviors. The good news is that it’s never too late to get motivated and be encouraged. Tomorrow is a brand new day with new possibilities. Finding happiness and discovering inner peace is not an overnight process and takes time, but it’s well worth it for your overall mental stability. If you haven’t already, practice self love: read, write, go outside, take a trip. Those things really do help when learning to live your best life.
I too, sometimes suffer from being in a winter slump. It happens. The important thing to remember is that you are not your worst day or mistakes. Take time to breathe and meditate. Release, relax, revive. Of course, I’m going to hit you with some of my favorite books to help aid you in the process of getting out of the winter gloom. Happy reading :).
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life-Mark Manson
2. The Alchemist-Paulo Coelho
3. The Sun and Her Flowers-Rupi Kaur
4. Happiness Project-Gretchen Rubin
5. Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune In to the Real You-Heather Askinosie, Timmi Jandro
6. Mindfulness Living in the Moment – Living in the Breath-Amit Ray