March is a great month for many reasons. First, it’s National Book Month and second, it’s Women’s History Month. Because I am definitely picking up my reading for National Book Month, I want to include some books are that ideal to celebrate Women’s History Month! There are many extraordinary lives to be honored this month, take a look at the reading selection and see if anything fits your fancy. Happy Book and Women’s Month to you all!
- 1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
2. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. Charlotte Brontë: A Fiery Heart by Claire Harman
4. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
5. Florynce “Flo” Kennedy: The Life of a Black Feminist Radical by Sherie M. Randolph
6.Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
7. Women Race and Class-Angela Y. Davis.
8. Sally Ride: America’s First Woman in Space by Lynn Sherr
9. A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
10. Beloved by Toni Morrison
Of course, there are many book out there that celebrate women and their impact on the world, these are just a few of suggestions to get you started. New York Public library has complied a wonderful archive of literary things that are specifically for Women’s History Day. You can find it here. How are you celebrating Women’s History Month?