I decided to participate in the weekly meme hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish . This week’s topic is Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. I don’t cry very much, but these books definitely made my lip quibble.
1. Stolen by Lucy Christopher: It’s hard for me even to talk about this book without my eyes getting glossy. A strange tale of a girl who was kidnapped and then falls in love with her capture, this book will surely leave you reaching for the tissues.
2. A Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I’m sure it’s not a surprise this book is on the list. Green’s writing style and knack for character development is incredible. Although I did not cry, THE FEELS WERE DEFINITELY THERE.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow by J.K. Rowling-NEED I SAY MORE? I was left feeling emptier than Voldemort’s soul.
4. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein– Even as an adult this book still makes me tear up. And the illustrations don’t help.
5. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer-One of my favorite books by my favorite modern author, this book’s beauty is definately worth a good cry.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett– This book made me have a range of emotions. Needless to say I ended up crying.
7. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck– Even this is more of a short read, scenes from this book provoked some tears. Especially scenes with poor Lenny.
8.The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini- A story of two friends and the troubles they face, this gut-renching narrative will tug at your heartstrings.
9. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo-If the musical made you cry, imagine how this book will make you feel.
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee– I remember reading this book like it was yesterday. Not only a classic, but a major life changing novel.
What books make you cry?